Privacy and Security Policy
- Privacy – Ideal Tools PTY LTD (IDEAL TOOLS) recognises the importance of your privacy and understands your concerns about the security of the personal information you provide to us. IDEAL TOOLS is committed to providing quality goods and services to you and this policy outlines our ongoing obligations to you with respect to how we manage your Personal Information.
All personal information collected by IDEAL TOOLS will be treated in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) as contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act). The APPs govern the way in which we collect, use, disclose, store, secure and dispose of your Personal Information. A copy of the APPs may be obtained from the website of The Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at www.oaic.gov.au
Personal information is information or an opinion about an identified individual, or about an individual who is reasonably identifiable.
Sensitive information, a sub-set of personal information, is information or an opinion about an individual’s racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, political association membership, religious beliefs or affiliations, philosophical beliefs, professional or trade association membership, trade union membership, sexual orientation or practices or criminal record, and includes health information and genetic information.
Personal information submitted on this website (“Site”) and examples of personal information we may collect include:
- your name;
- your residential, billing and/or postal addresses;
- your contact details including your email addresses and phone numbers; and
- any information automatically retrieved during visits to this site.
This information is obtained in many ways, for example, via filling in an enquiry form on this Site, when creating a MyAccount account, registering a tool for warranty or when a purchase is made. IDEAL TOOLS collects your Personal Information for the primary purpose of providing its goods and services to you, providing extended product warranties and keeping you informed around the goods and services you have purchased, including marketing related goods and services.
Generally, IDEAL TOOLS will not collect sensitive information about you. However, if IDEAL TOOLS does collect sensitive information this will occur where there is a legal requirement to do so, where IDEAL TOOLS is otherwise permitted by law or where IDEAL TOOLS has specifically sought your consent.
PO Box 255
Lancefield VIC 3435
Collection, Use and Retention of Personal Information
- Visitors –You may browse and access information contained on this site without providing personal identifiable information.
2. Collection of Personal Information – The personal information collected on this website will be used for the stated purpose. This may require its disclosure to third party individuals and organisations in Australia and overseas. The personal information collected may also be used for market research/direct marketing activities conducted by IDEAL TOOLS and its associates in Australia and overseas in the future. However, we treat your information confidentially and will prohibit third parties from contacting you for marketing purposes.
If you do not wish for the personal information collected by IDEAL TOOLS to be used for market research/direct marketing activities would you please contact IDEAL TOOLS as soon as possible.
After subscribing to our email newsletter, you have the freedom to opt out at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe button that you will find in every email you receive from IDEAL TOOLS.
4. Use and Disclosure of Personal Information – IDEAL TOOLS will hold all personal information collected through this site in accordance with the requirements set out in the Privacy Act .
- Personal information will be used only for the purposes for which it is collected, and will be retained only for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purposes for which the information was collected (including any time that we are required by law to retain such information).
- Other than as set out above, we will not release personal information to any third party except where required or permitted by law, where the individual has authorised us to do so or where disclosure is connected to the purpose for which the information was collected.
- Under no circumstances will we sell or rent out your personal information to third parties.
Access to Editing and Deleting Personal Information
- Access – You can ask IDEAL TOOLS to see the personal information that we hold about you at any time by writing to us at the address set out in Use and Disclosure of Personal Information section.
2. Editing and Deleting –It is important to us that your personal information is up to date. We will take reasonable steps to make sure that your personal information is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
IDEAL TOOLS will retain your personal information whilst it is required, or for any other lawful purpose. IDEAL TOOLS will take reasonable steps and use secure methods to destroy or de-identify personal information that is no longer required for any purpose for which the personal information may be used under this Policy in accordance with the Privacy Act.
IDEAL TOOLS has procedures in place for dealing with and responding to requests for access to, and correction of, the personal information held about you. In most cases, IDEAL TOOLS will be able to comply with your request, however, if IDEAL TOOLS does not agree to provide you access or to correct the information as requested, we will give you written reasons for our decision.
You may ask IDEAL TOOLS to correct, alter or delete any personal information that IDEAL TOOLS holds about you by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to IDEAL TOOLS at:
PO Box 255
Lancefield VIC 3435
3. Opting out of Electronic Communications – If you do not want to receive marketing communications from IDEAL TOOLS by electronic message, you can contact IDEAL TOOLS at email@example.com
Information Automatically Retrieved While Visiting this Site
We automatically collect statistics about people visiting this site to improve our site and monitor traffic. Such collection does not identify individual users and does not result in personal information being collected or stored about you.
1. Cookies – When you enter this site your computer will automatically be issued with a cookie. These are text files that identify your computer to our server. This allows us to improve the speed and reliability of this site and provide you with a better service. These cookies relate to site functionality, site analytics, customer preferences and targeting/advertising.
Cookies themselves do not identify individual users and are not used to collect or store personal information about you. You may disable cookies by modifying your internet browser settings. However, if cookies are disabled, this site may not function as intended and we accept no liability to you for this.
2. Security – IDEAL TOOLS has used all reasonable efforts to prevent unauthorised access to personal information, maintain data accuracy and ensure appropriate use of any personal information. However, we must acknowledge that the internet is inherently insecure, and IDEAL TOOLS cannot prevent and is not responsible for, interception or “hacking” of information transmitted through this site by unauthorised third parties.
If IDEAL TOOLS suspects that a data breach has occurred, IDEAL TOOLS will undertake an assessment into the circumstances of the suspected breach within 30 days after the suspected breach has occurred. Where it is ascertained that a breach has actually occurred and where required by law, IDEAL TOOLS will notify the Privacy Commissioner and affected individuals as soon as practicable after becoming aware that a data breach has occurred.
4. Google – This website uses Google to help analyse how users use the Site by collecting standard Internet log information and visitor behaviour information in an anonymous form. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the Site (including IP address) is transmitted to Google. This information is then used to evaluate visitors of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity for IDEAL TOOLS.
5. Complaints – IDEAL TOOLS has procedures in place for dealing with your complaints and concerns about our practices in relation to the Privacy Act, and any alleged breach of this Policy. IDEAL TOOLS will respond to your complaint in accordance with the relevant provisions of the Privacy Act.
PO Box 255
Lancefield VIC 3435